„The Maternity Practitioner is a great source of help and advice, not only about the development and wellbeing of the baby, but also that of the new mother.“
I will encourage your involvement and confidence in handling your new baby and promote a positive relationship between other siblings and the new addition.
I will help you from the time you leave hospital until both you and baby are settled into a routine at home. This is normally a period of between 4-8 weeks.
However, you are flexible in the amount of time you book me depending on your personal need.
Longer periods for day/night shifts are possible up to 10months.
You can book me on a live in or daily basis, for 24h shifts (including 4 hours of break during the day) or only for day/night shifts.
- Provide emotional support to the family in dealing with the transition of having a new baby.
- Establishes a feeding routine with the baby (breastfeeding or using formula.)
- Either feed the newborn or take the newborn to the parents to be fed.
- Supports the mother and family to feel confident in handling the newborn.
- Change and settle the baby after feeds.
- Monitor the baby’s weight gain, growth and sleeping patterns.
- Advise on the use of equipment.
Because of my additional backgrounds I can offer you:
- Mental birth preparation
- Baby carrying consultation
- Advices on how to bond with your baby
in addition to my service.
If you would like to know more about my service, don’t hesitate to contact me for a free call. Together we will find the perfect solution for you.